It’s such an honor to be considered for The Sunshine Award. Thank you, Bird, for the nomination!
The Sunshine Award comes with a few rules.
1.Include the award logo in your post.
2. Answer some questions about yourself
3. Nominate some other bloggers that you love
4. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated
5.Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
I’ll imagine some interesting questions and share some random facts about myself:
1. My first real kiss was in the 6th grade, on campus at Salk Elementary School in Orange, Texas, after school. To protect the innocent, I’ll withhold the (now) married man’s name.
2. Easter is my favorite day of the year because of both childhood memories of the holiday and what Jesus means to me now.
3. The Lonesome Dove trilogy by Larry McMurtry was a great read for me.
4. I’ve never gotten more excited about any two movies than Braveheart and Passion of the Christ, yet I don’t believe it’s because of a Mel Gibson crush.
5. I aspire to be a Christian Prayer Ninja.
My nominees for the Sunshine Award are:
The Dappled Path — Selah, who I’ve mentioned in a blog post before, posts truly gorgeous pictures of nature which make me feel like I’m there. I’m transported to where my heart longs to be every time I visit her site (I’m a city dweller longing for the country). This talented photographer and writer is currently recovering from a broken ankle.
Know The Sphere – Jeremiah writes poetically and with nice insight. He’s a professional freelancer with a large following — understandably! Stop by and read and you’ll get what I’m saying and no doubt become a fan, too.
Brave Fish – Vincent H Chough is an author from Pennsylvania and a missionary to Argentina. He has an honest faith that is a joy to read about.
It’s a God Thing — The writer on this website has a fresh, crisp voice and doesn’t seem to mince words at all. I like her boldness, and I’m always challenged when I read her posts.
Bird, the awesome person who nominated me, is a down-to-earth blogger whose voice is pretty much irresistible with its wit and honesty. She has encouraged me just about ever since I started this blog, and even though we only know one another through blogging, it feels like she’s a nearby friend. Bird was once in a serious motorcycle accident; and she writes about it on her blog, which I think must take a lot of courage because she went through a very tough time while recovering.
It’s both encouraging and exciting to be nominated, and I appreciate it. Like you, I am hoping to be able to figure out how to post the award on my site. I may ask for some pointers. Thanks again, Bird.