Do you know about the guy in the Bible that God turned back the clock for? (Related scriptures are below.) It was very cool and the reality of the “missing time” has been proven by science. Well, God did a similar trick for me today; it’s like the earth actually stood still.
I started praying for today yesterday; and I continued with prayer and meditation on the scriptures this morning. As a result of prayer – because this is no coincidence (I’ve experienced this exact thing before) – I was more productive than I’ve been in ages:
- Wrote 10 assignments
- Went for a long walk
- Spent quality time with the kids
- Prepared for and completed a radio broadcast Bible study with the kids
- Did a lot of work on my blogs
- Played Word With Friends with lots of friends
- Got a real inspiration for an invention that’s very clever (I hope it’s not like the other things I “invented” and then found out they already existed…lol)
- Did laundry
- Made an online friend (Hello, Bird!)
- Worked on getting prints of Logan’s birthday party so that I can give prints to his friends (40 downloaded so far)
- Exhibited complete patience with the kids without any edgy moments
Another factor about the day that made it all the more amazing is that I experienced excess pain – I actually cried from the pain. What’s going on is that, besides my chronic tendonitis in both elbows, more and more finger joints are being plagued with osteoarthritis, which is quite painful. (I’m very allergic to glucosamine, which fights the effects of this disease.)
So, yeah, it’s really as though God stopped the world’s clocks and let me accomplish a great deal on a very satisfyingly productive day.
The only thing is, I hope this clock miracle doesn’t mess up my schedule even more, what with “spring forward” still confusing my sleep schedule. (lol)
I totally recommend praying passionately. Just watch and see what happens.
2 Kings 20:8-11
New King James Version (NKJV)
8 And Hezekiah said to Isaiah, “What is the sign that the Lord will heal me, and that I shall go up to the house of the Lord the third day?”
9 Then Isaiah said, “This is the sign to you from the Lord, that the Lord will do the thing which He has spoken: shall the shadow go forward ten degrees or go backward ten degrees?”
10 And Hezekiah answered, “It is an easy thing for the shadow to go down ten degrees; no, but let the shadow go backward ten degrees.”
11 So Isaiah the prophet cried out to the Lord, and He brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down on the sundial of Ahaz.